Hello to all you Leaders & Change Makers out there!
How do you START YOUR DAY?
Which one of these scenarios describes the way you start your day?
- It’s 6 a.m. and you are awakened by something that sounds like an alarm for a fire drill. You dash out of bed in panic mode and you are off and running.
- You hit the snooze button 10 times, drag yourself out of bed and surrender to the day ahead.
- You grab your phone to turn off your alarm and start scrolling through your emails and checking facebook or the news and then realize you’re going to be late if you don’t get out of bed (30 minutes later) and get ready for the day.
What if I told you it didn’t have to be this way? What if I told you that by just making 3 changes, you could experience a whole different kind of day and have a more positive impact on yourself and others as a result.
Change the Way you Start your Day
- Change the way you wake up. Change your alarm and wake up to music that makes you feel good. Dance music, classical music, funk, soul, rap, jazz, country, rock – whatever it is, make sure it makes you smile before you ever open your eyes. Try it once or twice and see if it doesn’t make a difference in your morning!
- Change the way you create space for yourself. Tune INTO your own world before you tune into THE world. Get your coffee or tea or smoothie and go to your favorite spot in the house and feed your head. Read, write, meditate – do something that feeds your mind, your body and/or your soul before you do anything else. Everyone else you encounter, everything else you do for the day will benefit from this.
- Change the way you think about the day ahead. Set some intentions. Take time (before reading your email and getting sucked into the tech trap) to write out HOW you want to show up for your day. Review your calendar and understand the type of schedule you have. HOW do you want to BE today given what you’ll be doing and who you’ll be interacting with? I often choose from a similar set of words for myself. Responsive. Present. Generous. Gracious. Prepared. Curious. Open. You get the idea. It helps me to align with my BEST intentions and my BEST self. It plants a seed in the fertile ground of my morning mind.
- Do you consider the things you do to start your day each day a deliberate routine?
- What are you willing to do differently to be more deliberate about how you start your day?
- What impact would that have on you, those you love, those you lead and those you serve?
Read: The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
Watch: The 5-second rule by Mel Robbins
Read more about how she created it here http://melrobbins.com/the-5-second-rule/
Listen: The Tim Ferris Show on Morning Routines